Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome!!

Hi Everyone!!
Welcome to "a little of this...".
I have been waiting for just the right time to start my own blog, so I guess 2011 must be it.
a little about me...
I am a happily married stay-at-home mom with 3 kids (2 girls and a boy) and an alpha cat named "Duke".  He was named after John Wayne and he totally fits the part.  More on that later...I'm sure.
My oldest baby is in high school while my youngest is in 2nd grade.  My hubby and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past October.  Wow!!  Talk about time flying...   Just thinking about 20 years blows my mind away.  Truly the best years of my life.  My family and I live in the midwest.  Cold!!  I'm not a big fan of winter.  But I am a big fan of crafting!!  LOVE IT!!  When I'm not in the car driving kids to marching band, choir, cub scouts, piano lessons and taekwando class, you can find me in my studio (in the basement...) crafting.  I started to scrapbook about 8 years ago.  What began as a project to make a few baby books for my kids has turned into a crazy (don't look at my credit card statements) obsession.  Today, I still work on my own 12x12 albums, but I also love creating mini and altered books as well.  I love everything Tim Holtz!!  Have you seen his new stamps?  My latest art venture has been to create an art journal.  Total freedom with an art journal.  I love to layer and play with all kinds of mediums.  
Stay tuned for photos.  I do promise pictures (once I figure out how...lol)
I have a feeling that I  have a little bit more to learn about setting up a stylish and hopefully interesting blog.
So stay with me.  I will get the hang of this.
Just a side note, my oldest was leaning over my shoulder a moment ago as I was typing. She was patiently trying to give me quick advise on easy changes I can do with this site.  It didn't take her long to roll her eyes and walk away disappointed. Since when did I turn into my mom trying to figure out how to use a VCR for the first time?
Ok, thats all for now.
I would love comments and of course your latest and greatest crafting ideas!!
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment